Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Our client, the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, require a Senior DevOps Engineer to fulfil an initial 3-month contract opportunity for their Newcastle Digital Transformation Center (DTC) which offers Agile Delivery to multiple Clients.
- Developing various infrastructure solutions including Public Cloud eg. Azure and AWS as well as datacenter/private cloud to deliver high availability, rapidly developed, fully automated solutions using predominately open source software which deliver value to the customer.
- Providing technical leadership, help and guidance to less experienced members of the team through mentoring, coaching, constructive review and active participation in various technical forums.
- Advising our customers on the latest technologies and methodologies, designing and implementing innovative approaches to their problems using Automation.
- Ensuring software standards are maintained, being able to train and mentor junior staff. Defining processes and procedures to ensure maximum re-use and maintaining standards.
- Understanding security policies and implementing solutions that satisfy the security requirements.
- Designing and implementing solutions which have high availability and are scalable.
- Providing feedback and demonstrating to a wider audience solutions currently being developed and introducing the team to new concepts and products.
- Advise on testing solutions that can be automated to deliver an end to end testing solution for products.
- Advise on monitoring solutions, which can automate error collection and display the results in Real Time that will improve the customer's experience.
- Experience with configuration management tools, eg Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef.
- Experience with build and provisioning tools, eg. Jenkins (preferred), Terraform, Packer,Team City etc.
- Experience and knowledge of AWS, Azure, bare-metal and Virtual hosting.
- Experience of Test Driven or Behavior Driven development, and being able to implement automated test solutions
- The ability to integrate various products using APIs enabling a joined up automated approach
- Experience with monitoring systems eg ELK, Nagios, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk etc.
- Experience with Docker container hosting including Kubernetes and RedShift for example.
- Experience of modern programming languages, understanding at least one of: Bash script, Python, Ruby, Perl, C, C++, Java, PowerShell
- Working knowledge of digital delivery processes and methodologies
- Ability to work with an Agile Team, being able to be self-driven and looking for continuous improvements to both the process and the systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work.