A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Security Cleared (SC) PMO Manager who will work for our global client, based in Farnborough. The successful PMO Manager will be responsible for the leadership, mentoring, training and oversight of the Program PMO resources/PMs as well as ensuring compliance to project processes, standards, procedures and tools.
Day to day duties may include:
•Manage a small team within the PMO
•Support successful delivery through clear and effective PMO standards and processes.
•Ensure project documentation is completed and kept up to date such as Business Cases, Plans, Benefit Maps, RAID Logs and Lessons Learned reports.
•Develop and maintain working relationships with Programme/project managers as well as internal and external stakeholders.
•Ensure Stakeholder responsibilities and needs are understood and addressed.
•Ensure regular project updates, reports, and other documentation meet PMO quality standards
• Degree qualified or significant experience in a PMO Manager role (3-5 years +)
• Public sector experience
• Experience in recognised project management methodologies and practices.
• Experience in use of analytical tools
• Track record of delivering Project and Programme status reporting/packs;
• Experience of RAID log creation/maintenance;
• Experience of project plan creation and maintenance in MS project;
• Understanding of change request processes;
• Advanced MS Office suite knowledge, including PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word;
• Excellent communication. Presentation skills and attention to detail, both numerical and written is essential;
• Excellent organisational, administrative and planning skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships;
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior managers and directors;
• Ability to take ownership and responsibility for own work;
• Ability to deliver to strict deadlines.
Due to the nature of the project, a successful candidate will have a valid UK Security Clearance (SC) prior start.