Our client are currently seeking a Service Transition Manager to fulfil an initial 12-month contract opportunity to be based in London.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 13 November 2019
Latest start date: Monday 2 December 2019
Expected contract length: 12 months
Who the specialist will work with:
The Service Transition Manager will be working within the Service Management Office, a service management team also comprising an SMO Lead, a Project Manager, a Business Analyst, a Service Management Officer, a Finance & Asset Officer, an Accreditation Lead, a Relationship Manager and a Service Insight Analyst. The role will also regularly interact with service providers and other members of the Data & Digital team.
What the specialist will work on:
The role is to work on the in-house Service Transition process which oversees the activities of Service design and creation, through to acceptance, release authorisation and deployment. This includes the use of Quality Gates at strategic points and reporting on adherence, progress and risk to the project boards. This is a fledgling process and the role is expected to continually review, challenge and modify it to make it a mature and well-run process. The Service Transition Manager will be part of a service management team and will be expected to contribute and cover for other roles within it.
- Typically, onsite 5 days a week; some remote working is possible when appropriate.
- 5+ years experience of ITIL practices
- 5+ years experience of consulting in service design and development
- 5+ years experience of consulting in service implementation and continual service improvement
- Deep understanding of ITIL practices
- Previous in-depth experience of coaching the journey of structured service design through to service deployment and beyond
- Previous in-depth experience of use of quality gates and developing/instigating/monitoring key performance indicators
- Previous in-depth experience of challenging processes, reviewing and re-engineering
- Previous in-depth experience of evaluating services and insitgating CSI
- Experience of deputising in other service management roles
Nice to Have skills:
- ITIL4 qualified
- Experience of other ITIL practices