Our client are currently seeking a DV Cleared Network Engineer to fulfill an initial 12 month contract opportunity to be based in Herefordshire.
Please note that this roles requires the successful candidate to hold a live an active DV Clearance or be someone that is willing and able to go through the process.
Summary of the work:
Our client requires a Network Engineer to support the Black Core Network project, providing Cisco CLI commands and SSH commands for Network devices and management devices required to produce a GUI (Graphical User Interface) based network device controller. Produce a Service Delivery Pack to support acceptance activities.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 27 November 2019
Latest start date: Monday 6 January 2020
Expected contract length: 12 months (possible further 12 months extension)
Who the specialist will work with:
Reporting to our client who are managing the project delivery of a number of networks and Information Systems. The incumbent will collaborate with Application Developers, providing Cisco CLI commands and SSH commands for Network devices and management devices to produce a GUI (Graphical User Interface) based network device controller.
The incumbent will be responsible for development of an industry standard Service Delivery Pack, this is to include but not limited to:
- HLD (High Level Design)
- LLD (Low Level Design)
- STA (Support Task Analysis)
- SIS (Security Impact Statement)
- KA (Knowledge Articles)
- WI (Work Instructions)
What the specialist will work on:
Lead on the development and maintenance of the Black Core Network as directed by the System Operating Authority.
- Install hardware and software in accordance with the HLD & LLD.
- Maintain hardware and software in accordance with support documentation, modifying existing Router configurations including IP, DHCP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN etc.
- Update or replace existing documents as directed by SPISN.
- Develop test procedures to prove correct configuration of solution in accordance with the documentation.
- Establish the As-is' physical and logical state of the network.
- Produce To be' rationalisation recommendations for authorisation by the Network Architect.
- 5 days a week (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Mon to Fri 08:30 to 17:00
- There may be a need for Outside Working Hours in order to deploy changes onto the Live system.
- DV cleared on day 1 of appointment
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (Routing and Switching)
- 3-5 years experience supporting complex Campus LAN & WAN networks based on IP cryptography.
- Configuration and administration within a production environment of: A multi-area OSPF process, DMVPM, eBGP
Nice to Have skills:
- CCIE (Routing and Switching)
- CCNA (Collaboration)
- CCNA (Security)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- Python Certified Entry-Level Programmer (PCEP)
- Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) (proof of course completion)
- L3 TRL cryptographic equipment (Catapan) (proof of course completion)