Our client are currently seeking a Software Developer to work on a contractual basis until the end of March 2020 to be based in London.
Summary of the work:
Software Developer required with extensive experience in delivering MVC applications, TDD and responsive web pages using HTML, CSS, jQuery and Bootstrap. This is an exciting opportunity to help deliver Phase 2 of a redesign project for the Managed Learning Environment for Police and Staff, providing mobile capability to all users.
Closing date for applications Thursday 3rd October 2019
Latest start date Monday 4 November 2019
Expected contract length Until the end of March 2020
Location London (Westminster)
Who the specialist will work with:
The Software Developer will be working within an Agile environment and be predominately working alongside internal software developers with support from a DBA for any work relating to the database. You'll report to the Software Development Manager and will work closely with the Product Owner and Delivery Manager who will define the sprints. The sprint team will also include application specialists and designers as and when required.
What the specialist will work on:
Our client are looking for a highly skilled software developer to help deliver the Phase 2 redesign of the Managed Learning Environment available to all Police Officers and Staff. Working within an existing ASP.NET MVC architecture and NHibernate data layer (SQL Server Back End DB), it will involve the development of fully responsive Front End web pages that match pre-existing design work (HTML, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap), the writing of automated tests, creation of service layer functions, and MVC controllers, actions and view models.
Full-Time onsite, Monday to Friday, 36 Hours per week. Flexible working patterns will be allowed with prior agreement.
- Extensive experience meeting W3C's WCAG 2.1 AA standard for accessibility compliance
- Extensive experience of ASP.NET MVC using C#.NET
- Extensive experience of building responsive web applications using Bootstrap
- Experience writing unit tests using MSTest and Moq
- Experience using NHibernate data layers and Fluent NHibernate queries
- Experience using and developing for Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of source/version control using Team Foundation Server 2017
- Experience using Visual Studio 2017 IDE and debugging tools
- Experience producing Front End UI from design specifications and style guides
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience developing online learning platforms
- Extensive experience working for Law Enforcement Agencies